There are 2 methods available for extracting data from the GW60 GPS:
1. With the Locosys GW60 Utility program (requires Windows PC); or
2. Without the Locosys GW60 Utility (works on PC/Mac/Linux).
We find the second option is usually easier for people eager to upload their first session. So we will detail our guide for that method first:
GW60 DATA UPLOAD WITHOUT UTILITY:
1. Press MODE to turn on - only if clock is not already displayed
2. Press ADJUST to enter settings
3. Press START button to scroll up to "USB CLASS"
4. Press ADJUST and then RESET to scroll down to "UMS"
5. Press ADJUST to set UMS as default
6. Press MODE to return to clock screen
7. CONNECT USB CABLE TO GW60 THEN PLUG INTO PC/MAC
8. Press MODE to turn on - only if clock is not already displayed
9. Press ADJUST to enter settings
10. Press START button to scroll up to "TO USB MSC"
11. Press ADJUST to connect with PC/MAC
12. You should now see "LOCOSYS_MSC" as a USB drive in Windows Explorer or on the Mac Desktop
13. Browse this USB drive and find the file "GPSLOG.SBP"
14. You can now upload this file direct to KA72 or copy it to your computer
GW60 DATA UPLOAD VIA UTILITY:
1. Download the "GW-60 Util Installer" from Locosys Website
2. Install the software on a Windows PC (Win7/8/10)
3. Press ADJUST to enter settings
4. Press START button to scroll up to "USB CLASS"
5. Press ADJUST and then RESET to scroll down to "COM"
6. Press ADJUST to set COM as default
7. Press MODE to return to clock screen3.
8. CONNECT USB CABLE TO GW60 THEN PLUG INTO PC
9. Wait about 10 seconds for the GW60 to fully connect (battery symbol charging)
10. Open the GW-60 Utility (installed above)
11. Click "Connect" button and verify your serial number and settings loaded onto the screen from the GW60*
12. Click the "Log Data" tab, tick "SBP Header" and click "Download Log". Note where the file is saved.
13. You can now upload this file direct to KA72
*If the GW60 does not connect, try changing the "Com#" dropdown. If there is nothing in the com port box, close the utility, disconnect the USB cable (at the PC end) and retry from step 8.